Dive Adventure No. 4:
Dive Tofo – Zavora
Tofo Beach has, in recent years, developed a sister location just to the south called Zavora. Zavora has earned the reputation as being the ‘Wild Side’, offering the chance to see manta rays, whale sharks and a selection of sharks. Due to its close proximity to Tofo, Zavora and Tofo make for a fantastic dive holiday combination.
Dive Tofo – Zavora: 12 Nights / 13 Days / 18 dives
Day 1 – The Arrival:
You arrive at Oliver Tambo International airport in Johannesburg.
The regional flight from JNB to INH takes 1 hour and 45 minutes.
We pick you up at the airport in Inhambane and arrange a direct transfer to Tofo Beach only 17km away. 7 Nights stay in Tofo at one of the many accommodation options.
We will arrive in the afternoon and you can relax from the long travel by drinking a beer in a beach bar or by enjoying a traditional dinner in one of Tofos many good restaurants. Many exciting days of diving and relaxing on the beach await!
Day 2 to Day 7 – 6 full scuba diving days:
Enjoy 6 full days of scuba diving, either both in the morning, or one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Dive planning depends mainly on the conditions and the amount of divers in the dive centre. Here is your big chance to spot some of the Big 5 that Tofo has to offer!
There is plenty of time to partake in any of the other activities on offer in Tofo.
Pick up in Tofo and direct transfer to Zavora. Two and a half hour drive and possibility of a first scuba dive in the afternoon on arrival in Zavora! If a dive is not possible, then enjoy a walk to the lighthouse, with magnificent inland sunsets and ocean views.
You will stay at Zavora Lodge in the Sea View Apartments. Full board is included at the restaurant of Zavora Lodge.
Day 9 to Day 12 – 4 full scuba diving days:
Enjoy 4 full days of scuba diving on the reefs that Zavora has to offer. Zavora is one of the few places in the world where manta rays are spotted on shallow dives! Technical diving facilities are also available, perfect for diving the deep wreck called the Klipfontein.
Day 13 – The Return Journey:
This is the final day of the adventure, and we hope you enjoyed your dive adventure on the Wild Side. Mornings drive to Inhambane airport and return flight to OR Tambo International airport in Johannesburg. Our service ends here; we hope to see you again.
Dive Tofo – Zavora journey idea includes:
Johannesburg –> Inhambane -> Johannesburg
Inhambane airport –> Tofo –> Zavora -> Inhambane airport
7 nights in the choice of your Tofo accommodation
5 nights in Zavora Lodge, double Sea View Apartment, full board
See accommodation options in Tofo.
See Tripadvisor recommendations for Tofo.
10 scuba dive package (tank, weight and boat included)
8 scuba dive package (tank, weight and boat included)
Good to Know
– This stretch of southern Mozambique coastline is one of the best destinations in the world to see whale sharks and manta rays.
– Good ScubaPro equipment for rental is available in Tofo.
– Nitrox is for free if dive package is booked through us.
– Possibility of a third dive a day upon request.
– Your E-ticket for the regional flight Johannesburg (JNB) to Inhambane (INH) will be sent to you beforehand.
– You can get your Visa for Mozambique at the airport in Inhambane upon arrival.
(85 USD$ to be paid at arrival)
– TAC Scuba Diving and Safaris Adventures will be your contact agency in Tofo. We will be able to arrange trips and tours for you in Tofo, as well as in the region. We are happy to assist with any question or problem you might have.
– There are direct flights available from Johannesburg, but flight via Maputo and transfers can also be arranged. We recommend arrival at Johannesburg OR Tambo airport early morning. LAM airlines connecting flight JNB / INH departs at 10.55 hours from Johannesburg to Inhambane.
– All journey ideas can be customized to your travel needs, wishes and ideas. Please contact us for more information.